Wednesday, November 2, 2011

It's A Girl! Baby Card

I made this card for a woman at work.  She likes to give personalized cards to new moms.  I hadn't made one of these since I've had my Cricut.  (I used to use punched out balloons to put the personalized information on--see my "Earlier Cards" page for a laugh!).  Here's a "new" style card for a baby girl.


 
Here's how I made it
Card is 5 x 6.5"
Cardstock:  Baby animal cardstock is from DCWV Nana's Nursery, Baby Girl matstack. Blue cardstock is Heidi Grace, both inside and outside of the card.  MS Doily Lace punch used inside and out too.
Cartridge:  New Arrival, p. 98 Outfit cut at 4" blackout in pink patterned paper by Heidi Grace with green patterned shadow from same Heidi Grace cardstock pad; p. 107 2 booties cut at 1-1/4" blackout with same pink and green paper.  "It's a Girl" wording, p.90 cut at 1" shadow.
Wording:  Getting the wording to print in the center of each image was a little tricky, but I finally did it after several attempts practicing with white cardstock. This is the first time I used the Centerpoint key function on my Expression.  Great feature for centering your cut around a picture or wording, in my case.  Probably would have been a little easier to start with a photo!
Added some gems, white stitching with a gel pen, pink ribbon around the booties, and pink glitter ribbon for some pizazz.

I'm really pleased with the finished product.  Hope you like it too!  Thanks for stopping by.  I appreciate your visits!

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
Whimsical Wednesdays:  anything goes
You Had Me at Craft - link up party
Paper Playtime - anything goes past or present
Scrapaholic by Abby - use GLITTER OR BLING
The Cuttlebug Spot- anything goes
 

23 comments:

  1. Aw, this card is so cute! Love the fun colors and cute baby clothes. :)

    Come check out my blog's new weekly challenges!

    Ashley
    http://especiallymade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute- I love this just adorable.
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute and sweet!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just super cute! I love the baby's info on on each little piece, so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so sweet perfect for a baby girl all sugar and spice...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pat this is beautiful! Any new mom would LOVE to receive this!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo Pat, I love this! I love giving personalized things. I'm gonna hafta steal this idea my friend. You did a great job on it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet baby card! So girlie and perfect for a new mom! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is too cute! I love how you wrote the family members on the booties! Thanks for playing at Whimsical Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sooo cute!! I love, love the personalization. Great job.

    Amanda :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super sweet Pat! I love the cuts and colors you used!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is sooooo sweet!

    Thank you so much for joining us again at the Cuttlebug Spot and good luck!

    Jannie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really great card. I love the use of the elements to write the info on. Really nice.

    Thanks for sharing,
    Cindy :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an adorable card!! I love it!! I think baby cards are to stinkin cute! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a really great card. What a great idea of personalizing it that way. Love it! Thanks for playing in paper with us at Paper Playtime!

    Pam
    Simply-Pam.blogspot.com
    Paperplaytime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful baby card...very sweet! Thanks for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesdays!
    hugs,
    joni

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pat,
    It's adorable! Great job lining up the words, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  18. super cute card and love how you added the text.. fab job
    thnx for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesdays
    hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a sweet and beautiful card! Love the colors and bling. Great job on the challenge and thanks for playing with us at Whimsical Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The minute I saw this cute card I knew you must have used one of those extra buttons on the chirp! Great job with the centre point! I'm not sure how much white you went through but the finished product is AWESOME!
    Love the cute cuts. Makes me want a little girl...for a moment... Annnnddddd... I'm over it. lol. I'll be a boy mummy anyday. x

    ReplyDelete
  21. YAY!!!! I get to see it again... I am checking out all the entries on the Whimsical Wednesday challenge and saw this cutie in the line up! PS... you had better head over to L.B.s blog and see your name in lights! Thanks for joining us at Whimsical Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is such a SWEET card!I LOVE all the cute details,Thank you so much for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesday!!:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I appreciate your visit and hope you come back again real soon.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...