Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Color Purple

A woman at work asked me to make a card for her sister's 21st birthday, and she told me her sister's favorite color is purple.  I made a similar card back in June for my niece, using different colors.  Here's a purple (and some pink) version.  This cartridge is so fun!
Details for making this card:
Forever Young cartridge; Model 15 cut at 5-1/4" with shadow; mirror cut at 4" with shadow
K&Company Watercolor Bouquet paper; DCWV shimmer purple and silver, pink scraps
Pink gem added to top of mirror; purple gems at the bottom of the card.  I felt like the card needed some more sparkle, so I put pink glitter glue around the mirror as well as on the scalloped edges of the pink strip.

8 comments:

  1. Very cute. That reminds me of the store forever 21
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pat! This is great! She is sure to love this!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's gonna love it! Did you see Emma's sneak peak today? This card looks so much like the DT's examples. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Pat, I love this card! The whole thing! I really love the colors, I think because I hate winter, and this card makes me feel warm! I have tried the craft room, and I love it. It is basically like the Gypsy except it is bigger, and easier to see. I love that you can see what is cutting where, so you know where to put what color paper. Karen♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so gorgeous, Pat!! I love the papers you used and the design! Awesome :)

    Lisa
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card...love the extra sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I appreciate your visit and hope you come back again real soon.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...