Friday, November 4, 2011

Fancy Frames

Hi Everyone,

I bought the Fancy Frames cartridge a few weeks ago when it was on sale for $19.99 at Joann's!  I think this is one of what Cricut calls their project cartridges. My nephew's birthday is next week, and this picture of us was taken a few years back.  I've always liked it.  I thought he might like it too, so I made this frame to put it in. 
The cart has 20 different frame styles on it, 6 mats, two frame backs (one landscape, one portrait) and an easel you can make to hold a frame.
Isn't the detail gorgeous?!  And this was actually one of the simple cuts, I would say.  As you can see, I used shimmer paper for the top layer.

You cut the frame based on the size of your photo, or you can use the real dial size function.  My photo was 4x6, but I cut the frame at 5-1/2" because I wanted the opening to crop the photo a bit.  That worked and both layers fit together nicely.  What was tricky to cut was the back of the frame with the stand.  I left the setting at 5-1/2" and it cut at exactly 5-1/2".  So I had to use the real size button and select 7" to have the frame back fit the frame "front" if you know what I mean.  If anyone else has had this same issue, please let me know what you did to make the two parts fit.  Thanks for stopping by!

I'm going to put this card at two linky parties:

9 comments:

  1. Wow that frame really turned out nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty frame pat!
    I've really been wanting that Cricut Cartridge and now I want it even more!
    Lisa H.
    lisastuf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Pat, This is great, I am sure that your nephew will love it! You did a great job. I love this frame, but I am sitting here in shock that I missed a cartridge sale at Joann's I apparently better pay more attention. I hope you pop over and join in my new challenge. Karen♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome frame, looks great! I am bummed I missed that sale, I have been wanting that cartridge. It sure is nice to also put a face with your name, great picture! Your nephew is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for always stopping by my blog. I have this cartridge too but have not tried the stand yet. Trying to get the inside measurement was a challenge. I have the Gypsy and just kept playing with the size until I got what I needed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your frame looks wonderful. Seems so easy with this cartridge. Your picture is very nice too!

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that frame looks super cute. I also wanted to say that I'm your newest follower I think your creations are absolutely amazing, Hope you visit my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, this is awesome! I am adding that cart to my list of must-haves!! And the picture is so beautiful :)

    Lisa
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooooooo didn't know that cart had an easel cut... perfect WANT IT!! Wait a minute I have to actually CUT from Art Philosophy before I buy a new cart... *focus!* Great job on the frame.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I appreciate your visit and hope you come back again real soon.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...