Tuesday, April 22, 2014

DCD Challenge

Here's the new challenge at Die Cuttin' Divas this week.

In honor of Earth Day (today), use something
RECYCLED.



I was having trouble coming up with something recycled.  I had thought of repurposing a container, but didn't want to duplicate what my design team sisters were doing.

So I recycled a calendar my daughter gave me years ago.  It was a desktop crafty calendar intended to be re-used for making scrapbook pages, etc.  I know, not very creative!  But I was happy to put it to use since I've only used it maybe once or twice.    




I pulled out these pages to start, and cut the party bird from the Birthday Cakes cartridge.  I think the pink polka dots that I wound up using on the bird look much better than my original selection of the reddish-orange paper.


Be sure to visit the Die Cuttin' Divas blog to see all the other recycled projects made by our Diva Design Team.  We hope you'll join in the challenge this week using something recycled in your project.  Be sure to use a die cut, too, and link your post to DCD.

Thanks for stopping by; appreciate it!

I'd like to enter this card into the
BBTB2 challenge - use a bird.


15 comments:

  1. This is a very pretty recycled project !!! What a wonderful way to reuse a calender !!! Thank you so much for joining us at BBTB2 ! Hope you join us again and have a wonderful day !
    Hugs,
    Mayra
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Pat!! Love that you recycled and made such a wonderful card!! The bird is just so cute in the pink polka dots. Thank you so very much for joining our 'Bird' challenge at BBTB2!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Pat, great up-cycling... Your birdie card is so tweetfufl!
    Enjoy your happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. TOTALLY cute!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card, Pat!!! Love the cute bird!!! Have a great day.
    Gerda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute! LOVE your bird and the birdhouse! Great card! Thanks so much for sharing with us over at BBTB2 this week!

    Emily
    Mollie's Motif

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so sweet, Pat!! What an awesome upcycle!! It's beautiful!! Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did such a fabulous job on your recycled card. I really love the polka dotted paper used on the bird. It matches everything perfectly. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet little bird! Love the birdhouse in the background too! Thanks for joining BBTB2!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fantastic idea Pat! I love the pretty background! The chunky birdie is just so darn cute...love it!
    Have a super evening!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your card! Thanks for doing the BBTB2 bird challenge! ~Laura
    Follow me @ craftychickscreating.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very sweet card. I love that you recycled.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great idea. I have tons of stuff I probably need to recycle/reuse. I guess I just need time to go through it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How cool! Very creative, and cute. Loved the colors you used.

    Peace, Love, & Creative Hugs!
    Monica L.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just too cute Pat, you did a wonderful job on your recycling project!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I appreciate your visit and hope you come back again real soon.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...