Friday, August 23, 2013

A Center Step Card

Hi Everyone,

I finally tried my hand at making a center step card.  I found instructions at SplitCoastStampers, and I adjusted some of the cuts so that the card would be a finished size of an A2 card, instead of a 5.5 x 5.5 card.  I will admit that filling in those small side and bottom sections was challenging, but I do like the way it turned out.  What do you think?







I took pictures outside for better lighting, but it seems that doesn't always guarantee a perfect photo either.  In this case, the chocolate on my cupcake appears much darker than it really was, which is why I also took some photos inside too, shown a little further down.

Ingredients for this card:
White cardstock cut and folded following this tutorial
Brown cardstock scrap
Patterned paper from DCWV Sweet Stack
Pink mat paper and confetti top of cupcake from MS Modern Festive
Two cupcake brads
My Creative Time "More of My Favorite Sayings" clear stamps
Red glossy cardstock punched with Fiskars circle punch
Cupcake from Hello Kitty cartridge
Inside sentiment is TPC Studio Happy Birthday stamps



These photos taken inside.


Thanks for stopping by; I appreciate your visits and comments. 

I'd like to enter this card into the following challeges:
Craftin' Desert Divas - anything goes linky party
Jo's Scrap Shack - anything goes

9 comments:

  1. Hey Pat!! How are you?? I am slowly getting back to my blog, after enjoying the summer with friends and family!! I hope your summer has been great. I love this card! What a cute card. You my friend are an amazing crafter, and I am so glad that I get to enjoy your work, (and also steal ideas from you haha) Great job, and I hope you stop by my blog, I am getting things to have a big give away, or contest! I have been cleaning my craft room, and as Carri has said, I don't have too much stuff, I just need a bigger space! Unfortunately I do need more space, so I want to share with my blogging buddies! Karen♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable!! Your center step card turned out perfectly!! The papers are so fun and the cupcake looks delicious!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super cute. Love the papers.Thank you so much for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas “Anything Goes“ Linky Party.

    Tara
    Craftin Desert Diva's

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sentiment with a cherry on top, super cute. I really need to try making a step card. This is really sweet. Thanks for linking up with Craftin' Desert Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome, awesome, AWESOME! Fabulous job, who would have thunk it was your first attempt! You are one smart crafty lady!! Thank you so much for visiting my blog, love the words of encouragement, waving hi from the hills of North Carolina♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pat!
    What an awesome card! I just love that cupcake and I love step cards! Beautiful job, love that sentiment too! Thanks for joining us this week at Jo's FFC!

    Hugs,
    Jo
    ♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your center step card turned out just adorable! Aren't they fun to do?
    Have a great evening!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute! I just LOVE cupcakes on any type of craft :) The embossing is a great touch and of course the fold is so much fun.

    Best crafty wishes!
    Amber
    Staying Crafty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this center step card, Pat! Your cupcake looks yummy and those papers are a perfect match!! TFS!
    Candy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I appreciate your visit and hope you come back again real soon.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...