Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Die Cuttin' Divas Sketch Challenge

Hi Everyone,

Happy 2014!

It's time for a new challenge at Die Cuttin' Divas, and 
this week's challenge is...
a Sketch Challenge.
 
 


I made this anniversary card for my sister and brother-in law, but shhh...don't tell!  It's coming up soon, and since she's not a blogger, I think I can surprise them.
 
 
Here's the sketch for the challenge, designed by the very talented, Georgiana!



Other news from Die Cuttin' Divas includes the addition of two new Design Team Divas!  Be sure to visit the DCD blog to welcome Connie and Shelly to the team.  And check out the creative projects by all the design team Divas.

To enter this week's challenge, make a card or layout following the sketch shown above.  Be sure to include a die-cut in your project  and link your post back to the Die Cuttin' Divas site by January13.


 
I think I really like the color combos I used.  The plaid and orange striped papers are from DCWV Animal Crackers.  The green paper with polka dots is from Recollections Bold Basics, as is the green diamond patterned paper. 

The pears are cut from Just Because Cards cartridge, and the mat behind it came from Art Philosophy cartridge.  The mat was embossed with Musical Flourish and the leaves with Herringbone.  The sentiment is typed from my computer, and I popped up that and the pears with foam squares as you can see above.  The adhesive accents are from Heidi Grace. 

 
 
 
I finished the inside with matching papers and applied a heart border along the bottom.



I'd like to also enter this card into the following challenges:
FCCB #192 - use a sentiment
Just B Creative Crazy - just because/anything goes
LSP Fun Friday Linky Party - anything goes

Thanks so much for stopping by; I appreciate your visits!

18 comments:

  1. Fab paper colours and patterns...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sweet!!
    Love the papers and awesome take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so awesome!! I love the papers and colors!! Perfect take on the sketch!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww....so, so cute! Love the sketch and those cute pears. The sentiment is just perfect ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a adorable card! I love the colors, sentiment and the embossing!
    Love it! Have a great day.
    Gerda.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect anniversary card! Thanks for the shout out! I DO like to make sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a super sketch! I really like how clean your card looks and the pear images fit the sketch and papers you used perfectly!! Thanks for joining FCCB's "Sentiment" challenge this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh Gorgeous Card. Love the sentiment. Thanks for having me as a Guest Diva.

    Hugs,
    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a great anniversary card! They are going to love this! I know I do! Scrappy hugs, Connie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute! Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The colors are really fantastic together, and the variety of patters and textures really make the card stand out. Thank you for joining FCCB for the challenge this week. Faith

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the sentiment along with the pears. Too cute. Thank you for joining us this week at FCCB.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the color combo & Pattern paper!!! Fun sentiment!!!
    Super Cute card!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG PAT!!! I just love those colors!! Although I am just over the red and green!! They are so lucky that you put the time and effort to make a card from them!! Karen♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is really great! I love the colors. I love the sketch, I may have to play with that one myself. Thanks for joining us this week at FCCB.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this sweet card!1 Great colors and patternes

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh this is so adorable! A perfect anniversary card! I love the colors that you used!

    Hugs,

    Chriss

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I appreciate your visit and hope you come back again real soon.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...