Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A Very Manly Card

I just bought the new Father's Day cartridge (seasonal cartridge) to get some "real man" cuts from it.  I made this card for my husband for his birthday.  Think it's manly enough?!

I cut the truck at 3-3/4" but it looks huge!  And it is (must be those tires).  I had to make this a 5x7 card.  I've never used a seasonal cartridge before and don't know if they're all like this, but this cart has just the cut (which was more like a silhouette) and one layer.  That's it.  The layer was the white body of the truck.  I filled in other empty spaces myself using grey cardstock for the tires and embossed those with Cuttlebug Herringbone.  Looks almost like tire treads, doesn't it!?  Used aluminum foil for the wheels and front grill.  For the headlights I used some vellum colored with a yellow highlighter and the windshield is also vellum colored with a light gray marker (tinted).  The words are cut from Birthday Cakes, using my Design Studio.  This is only the second time I've used it.  I was happy to see that I got the welding to work on the letters, but I'm not too pleased that they're not all the same size.  Funny what you can see after you take the picture!  Not sure how to size things by typing in the numerals--it didn't seem to be working.  Sure it was user error! 

If you've used the Father's Day cartridge, I'd like to know what your experience has been with it.  Do you like it?  What about other seasonal cartridges?  Are they basically the same with a cut and one layer?

I'm entering this card into these challenges:
     The Paper Variety - make a paper project for the special man in your life
     Birthday Sundaes - anything goes (seems I missed the manly challenge last week)

Appreciate your comments; I read them all.  Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. What a great idea, love the truck. Very cool card.......love it!

    Thanks 4 joining us at Birthday Sundaes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Masculine cards are so scarce. Yours is cute as well as manly indeed
    Thank You for visiting my blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. This would be absolutely perfect for my son (or daughter). They both want big trucks, but they can only dream about it! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great, great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice card!!! I am the designer who created this cartridge, and yes, most seasonal cartridges are this way. What makes a seasonal cartridge different is that you get only the base 50 images. So, in this instance, since I wanted to have some pieces that layer, I had to use a second key to create a second layer. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I appreciate your visit and hope you come back again real soon.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...