Monday, January 3, 2011

Kitty Birthday Card

I finally made a kitty birthday card.  I was trying to reproduce the kitty card that Jolanda had made (it's so adorable).  Click here  http://jolandascraftycorner.blogspot.com/2010/12/birthday-card.html but I don't have the cartridge she used.  So I came up with this one instead. 


Recipe:
Martha Stewart papers for background
DCWV Natural Mat Stack for the kitty
DCWV Christmas & Winter Glitter Cardstock for the pillow and lettering
Kitty from Create a Critter cut at 3"
"Wishing you" lettering is from Winter Frolic
"a Purrfect Birthday" lettering is from Create a Critter.

Mixing parts from different cartridges is where I have trouble trying to figure out how to size things!  So it took me a while to figure this out, and I finally discovered if I use "fit to length" then I can base the object or lettering on the width I want it to fit across the card.  Any other tips on how to mix cartridges would be helpful and appreciated.  TFL!


12 comments:

  1. Really cute, love designer paper used for kitten

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! Thanks for visiting me at my blog. I'm sure I'll get lots of new ideas from you and many others. I'm now a follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so very pretty! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!!!!!

    I am doing a cricut cart giveaway. Please feel free to check out my blog for details:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the card, very cute!!!

    umm, yes i did use the from my Kitchen Cartridge on my card!!

    thanks so much for following me, i am now a new follower!!

    pinkyswr

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Pat, I have something for you on my blog, so when you get a chance, pop on over to get it!! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable kitty! Love the card. Bug Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable! Love the color combo!
    TFS~Raechel
    http://raechelscards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Pat, Thanks for the condolances on my buttons!!lol All you have to do is write 3 things about you, nominate 5 people to give the award to. link them back to me, and go to my blog and right click over the pink blod award, then click on save as, and save it onto your computer, then post the award somewhere on your blog like on the side where it will stay. It sound confusing, but it is not. If you need more help let me know!! Congrats again, Karen :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute! I love the colors and pattern paper! Thanks for leaving such a sweet comment on my blog. I am now a follower :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I appreciate your visit and hope you come back again real soon.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...