Saturday, May 11, 2013

Mother's Day

I told my husband it wasn't necessary for him to get me a gift card for Mother's Day from Joann's (as he has generously done many times before for birthdays and other celebrations).  After all, I do have tons of paper crafting supplies that I could probably never use up from now until the day I die!  Not to be morbid, but I'm sure many of you are nodding your head yes right now, knowing exactly what I mean!

So my hubby sent this beautiful flower arrangement to me at my office this week!  Wasn't that sweet?  He knows how much I love to get flowers.


BUT, I went out to do some shopping today, and since I haven't been to my local Joann's for quite sometime, I just had to stop in and see if they had anything new.  Their Cricut accessories were on sale so I bought these Cuttlebug embossing folders that I've never seen before!


This is Cross My Heart, 5x7



This one is called Charles, A2 size.


And this one is Hugs & Kisses, A2 also.

I also bought a pack of Cricut mats (always good to get on sale for $9.00), along with some foam squares and refill tape for my ATG gun, which wasn't on sale, but I used a 40% coupon on that.  And look at these cute $1.00 stamps.  These were something I've never seen before either.



Certainly no competition for PK stamps, but I thought they were cute for only $1.00!  I just had to have them.  And I also had a $5 coupon to use on $25.00 or more in purchases. I love bargains!!  Guess I really am a shop-aholic!


The artificial flower bunches were also on sale for 60% off.  So tomorrow, I will visit the cemetery and put these flowers on my mother's grave and wish her a Happy Mother's Day.  She died in a car accident when I was only 18.  


Thankfully, I have a wonderful daughter who I will be missing tomorrow since she moved out of state at the beginning of this year.  But we'll be together via Face Time on our phones.


Wishing all my crafty friends a very
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!

8 comments:

  1. That was so SWEET of him!!They are GORGEOUS my friend!!You did get a great deal...especially the embossing folders..AWESOME!
    Wishing you a Happy Mother's Day!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥



    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous flowers Pat!!!
    Wishing you a very Happy Mother's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Shopping and Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Mother's Day to you! Glad you were able to get a little shopping in anyways and those flowers your hubby sent a gorgeous. I had the same idea as you...a visit to the cemetary to bring my gram some new flowers.

    Georgiana
    • Carson's Creations •

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Mother's Day! Gorgeous flower arrangement! I know exactly what you mean about having all those crafting supplies--yet wanting to buy something new! Looks like you had a fun shopping trip..great folders!
    Thanks for your visits!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your Mother's Day was wonderful Pat! The flowers are gorgeous, sorry to hear about your Mom, My Dad passed in 2000. Love all your goodies. My favorite Joanns recently closed down, So sad. A Hobby Lobby opened up next door. We have a new Joanns by my house but it is small. I will have to check to see if they have these great embossing folders. I emailed you back the other night, hope you got it! Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great flowers Pat -- Sorry to hear about your mother. It is always sad when the holidays come around and memories surface- Great Joann bargains we all like those!!
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a sweetie! Your flowers are GORGEOUS! I love all the embossing folders...I love to emboss and the effect is amazing!
    Your flowers are so pretty for your Mother's grave:)So glad you had a wonderful day!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I appreciate your visit and hope you come back again real soon.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...