Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Die Cuttin' Divas Theme Challenge

Hi and Welcome Back!

We have a new challenge this week at Die Cuttin' Divas.
~Beach Theme~
(sand, sun, waves, crabs, seagulls, etc.--anything you would find or do at the beach)




We want to thank everyone who entered last week's Christmas in July challenge.  There were so many great entries!

For my card this week, I used A Child's Year cartridge.  I actually used 2 different images: Beach 2 for the umbrella cut at 3-1/2" and Beach 3 cut at 2-1/2".  The umbrella had it's own bucket at the left side of the sand, so that's where I overlapped the 2 images using the bucket that the little girl has.  It worked out perfectly!  


I used Divine Swirls embossing folder on the blue background cardstock, and Houndstooth on the sand.  Handcut the banner and used a Studio G dollar stamp for the sentiment.  

Our sponsor this week is Great Discounts and they will donate a Cricut magazine for our giveaway this week!  



We hope you'll enter the challenge this week--create a card, layout, or altered project with a Beach Theme.  Be sure to use a die cut and link your post back to Die Cuttin' Divas.  We look forward to seeing what you create!

Thanks for stopping by, and for all your kind comments!
I really appreciate it.

12 comments:

  1. Hi Pat!Adorable Card!I forgot to use that cart..:(I wish I was at the beach right now..:)
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww...what a sweet card! Reminds me of trips to the beach when my guys were little. The embossed background looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. Love the colors. This is one of my favorite cartridges. So cute.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pat! Adorable card. Love the embossing behind the image.

    Hugs,
    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the sihouette and the softness of the colors and the richness of the embossing make a great contrast. super sweet. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pat! I love this beach-themed card. The colors are perfect, and nothing says beach like a child playing in the sand. I just got some new beach-y stamps, so hopefully I have time to use them and enter your challenge this week. Thanks for always visiting my blog and leaving nice comments. Hope you're having a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great summer card! Love the embossing! Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. The wave embossing is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  10. How adorable! What a fun card. Great job. Tfs
    Hugs,jen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I appreciate your visit and hope you come back again real soon.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...