Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Die Cuttin' Divas Challenge--Love Your Pet!

It's time for a new DCD Challenge!

This week the challenge is to create a project using an image of your favorite pet.
Didn't the Design Team create such great projects!?!

Well, this was an easy one for me.  We have four cats that we adore, so I knew I wanted to use a cat image.  I have the Cricut Lite Meow cartridge and found the cutest image on it to use, along with the perfect sentiment.  Here's my card.


The paper is Deja Views, Cat's Life, although these particular two patterns didn't have any reference to cats.  The paper I used for the cat was a 4x6 scrap I received as part of a giveaway that I won a while back, and I loved the textured look of it.  Added a strip of ribbon across the middle, some faux stitching around the border, a PK critters face on the kitty, and on the inside, punched two paw prints in the border paper, and printed the sentiment on my computer.  What do you think? 

Our sponsor for this challenge is Paper Piercings by Nikki


So let's see those creative projects using an image of your favorite pet, and a die-cut of course.  You will have one week to plan, create and submit your project.  The winner will be announced next Tuesday.  Please remember to include which die-cut you used with a link back to Die Cuttin' Divas

We look forward to seeing your projects!

I'd also like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Cardz TV - make a card for any occasion using real or faux stitching
Paper Playtime - use an image of any animal and include a sentiment

14 comments:

  1. Super cute card! And I myself have 4 cats...but none of mine would be able to stand to have a bird on their head HAHA! They spend the entire day in our sunroom trying to figure out how to get the birds that are on the deck and roof...:)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ca-uuute!! Love the sentiment! Who knew that Meow had sentiment?? Love it. Thanks for playing with us this week at Cricut Cardz Challenge with Cardz TV. Hope to see you back again soon :)

    michelle
    http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card! I am not a cat person but my brother is! Love the paper!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable!! Did you mention how you made that purr-fect sentiment on the front? I read your post twice and didn't see it, but I also don't have my glasses on, so you know.... LOL I love this card. Great job!! Now, how did you do that sentiment on the front. :) My email is craftyjanis@live.com if you want to email me your secret. Thanks so much for playing with us at Paper Playtime.
    :) Janis
    http://www.pausedreamenjoy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good gracious, I've missed a lot of your posts. I didn't leave comments on any of the past ones but I did catch up! There were several that I really, really liked. You've been a very busy and crafty lady.
    This card is really cute and I love the sentiment you printed. What is the name of the font you used on the front (if you can remember it?)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by and following my blog! I am, returning the favor. You have some great projects here!

    Colin

    ReplyDelete
  7. How adorable. I am not a kitty person since I am allergic to them, but they sure are cute when they are playing. Love the sentiment you added.

    Thanks for being a great DT member!
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute!! I just made a card with the same cut! (I'm going to link it up!) I love my cats too- I have 3.
    :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pat,
    The kitty & birdy are too cute & such a great sentiment stamp. Love the papers & stitching also!
    Great card:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute, wonderful job with the faux stitching and that cats face is adorable, thanks for joining CCC!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super sweet card, Pat! I think you know I'm a kitty lover so this card is up my alley! In honor of them, I think I need to make a card for this challenge! :)

    CraftyKitten1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute. Love that peachy face.
    Candy
    candyscraftcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I appreciate your visit and hope you come back again real soon.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...