Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Die Cuttin' Divas Challenge #71

Hi Everyone!

Time for another
Die Cuttin' Divas Challenge
Use a fruit or vegetable that represents summer.

For me, summertime means crabs, corn, and watermelon.  In Maryland, steamed crabs are layered with Old Bay seasoning made by McCormick Spice Company right here in my home state!  Top that off with some buttered corn on the cob and sweet watermelon, and that's a summertime feast'!!

I made a scrapbook layout for this challenge--woohoo!


(need to add 2 more photos, of course!)
Paper is from DCWV Seasons stack
"Maryland" is cut from 50 States
Mats with shadow are from Elegant Edges


 Watermelon is from Simply Charmed.


Crab is from Life's a Beach.


Corn is from Country Life
"Summer" is from Simply Charmed (same page as watermelon)


This week's sponsor is Ginger Snap Scraps
$10 Gift Certificate


We hope you'll join us in this week's challenge to use a fruit or vegetable that represents summer.  Link your card, layout or altered project to Die Cuttin Divas by July 2, and be sure to include a die cut in your project.



I'd like to enter my layout into the following challenges:

Little Scrap Pieces - Use Yellow
Fantabulous Cricut - BBQ or Picnic Food
My Craft Spot - Hot Summer Colors
Pause Dream Enjoy - Use 3 Things
Cardz TV Challenge #111 - Summer Fun

Can't wait to see what you create this week!
 

16 comments:

  1. I wish I had a cartridge that cut out fruit, I have a picture to do a layout with darn it! Will go check out your lo, have the greatest day, waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this layout!!Buttered Corn on the cob and Steamed crabs are my favorite..do not get mcuh of that over here..maybe I should make u a visit.lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your scrapbook layout for this challenge!

    DCD Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your layout is awesome. Making me think of my Grama!

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is yummy! Love the layout, the colors, the die cuts! Great, great job. Thanks for playing with us at Pause Dream Enjoy challenges. If you haven't already, I'd love you to play with us at my other challenge blog too - it's Paper Playtime. Smiles! :) Janis
    http://paperplaytime.blogspot.com/
    P.S. I so want to win that GSS Gift Certificate! Going to figure out what to make for this challenge now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Geat layout love the bright colors.
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just stopping by again and seeing all the different photos you added. Looking scrumptious!

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute LO! Thanks for joining us at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Pat you design is making me hungry...but those crabs are too cute to eat...ha ha....great background paper and love the bright summer color. thanks for joining my challenge this week...Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Layout!
    Rachelle
    creationsbyrachelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a cute lay out! Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is an awesome layout! You always do such nice work. I hope you stop by my challenge at www.cricutchirp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pat,I just love your layout! All the cuts are fantastic, I really like the shapes of the photo mats too!

    The picture of the crab looks so tasty, I have never eaten a whole crab just the legs!

    Great job(:
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yummy fun!!! This is so cute!!! My hubby would love this LO!!! Would remind him of home (MA). Thanks for playing along with us @ Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges.
    Blessings,
    Belinda
    http://theembellishedcard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun layout! That little crab image is just too cute! I love the bite out of the watermelon too!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely layout, just perfect for the challenge, thanks for joining CCC!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I appreciate your visit and hope you come back again real soon.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...